12 September 2012

Time of Jays

More mornings of early starts with fewer rewards.  We had hoped that a turn in the weather would stop the rot and drop us in a few gems.  The opposite happened.  Now though it is the time of the Jays.  They are everywhere, usually with a gob or a crop full of acorns, which they will plant all over east London and promptly forget about most of them.  Smart bird the Jay!

On the plus side I did get a Greenshank calling over the Alex last Friday.  Couldn't see it, never usually can with waders, but distinctive enough for a positive ID.  Would have been nice to have got a glimpse, even if it was just an arse heading off west. 
















After Saturday's early start, I did the same again on Sunday.  It caught up with me somewhere near the Roding and although I did a full shift of 12+  hours most of it was in a prone position somewhere or other.

Nuthatch again on two days, it would be nice to think there are more than just the one bird.  Next  Treecreeper.  And I still wait for my Osprey.













Not too sure what this lot were up to.  Either they are being well trendy and doing an Usain Bolt, or an insane nazi.

No comments:

Post a Comment