28 October 2013

Much ado about nothing


The (not a) hurricane came and went.  A few branches down in the park, the lid of the water tank on the roof blew off, again.  It promised much but resulted in little by way of exciting sea bird fly-overs and so after the highs of last week's Med Gull and Oystercatcher, it's all been a mite rubbish.  Louis and Gosia did find a Stonechat on Saturday, and it has to be said it was looking rather good that morning, but then given a choice I accompanied Mr Lethbridge on a little jaunt for a Semi-P Plover.

Sunday was too windy for any sensible passerine, so I went to the park and, in particular, Bush Wood to search for Firecrest.  Didn't find any, and only one Goldcrest to boot.  A Nuthatch was nice. Then I went counting ducks, which I do when things are at a low ebb.






There were some.




Today was too windy for any sensible passerine, so I went to the park...


No comments:

Post a Comment