7 March 2015

A first day of Spring



With the large numbers of Stonechat moving through London on Friday it was no surprise today when Dan texted me his find in the brooms, and, what with the sun and a pleasant breeze from the south, you could be forgiven for thinking that Spring had sprung. We'll see. Perhaps more of a harbinger of spring was the sight of Mr Lethbridge out of hibernation and "Badger" Bob, another rarity on the patch, shamelessly twitching the chat.




It looked like it would be dripping large circling raptors at anytime, but all we could muster were a few Sparrowhawk and a Kestrel last knockings as I made my way home. On the plus side I picked up 2 Little Egret flying up the Roding, which was actually good today: 2 Teal, 2 Kingfisher, 2 Goldcrest - OK not that good, but it has been dire recently. Then later while watching a Nuthatch west of the ornamentals a Chiffchaff briefly sang from somewhere behind me- that's my first warbler of the year.










No comments:

Post a Comment